Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Ultimate Duran Producer - Nile Rodgers.

Besides being one of my favorite producers on the planet just in general, it doesn't hurt that Nile Rodgers worked with Duran off and on throughout their entire career (and one would anticipate that we haven't seen the last of their collaborations). Back in the heyday when I was in junior high, my school library had a copy of, of all things, Popular Mechanics magazine that featured an article on music production (?? I know, why?) where they interviewed Nile. After about 6 months of reading it every time I was in the library, I think the librarians finally stopped rolling their eyes at me (but hey--at least it gave me a break from searching Vogue for pictures of Renee Simonsen or Yasmin (at the time) Parvenah...).

So geek out with me at some cool Nile interviews!



No comments: