Thursday, September 11, 2008

Producer of the day - Jonathan Elias!

Forgot about him, didn't you?! Jonathan first came into the Duran realm when he worked with JT on "I Do What I Do" for the Adrian Lyne film 9 1/2 Weeks, and later produced one of my favorite Duran albums, Big Thing. A film composer and conceptual genius, he was an unlikely producer of what would be Duran's most house music influenced album, but somehow it worked. Little known factoid you'll learn in a minute: he wrote the original MTV theme song (so we've all been deeply influenced by his work and didn't even know it!). Duran members and friends were later featured on Jonathan's grand album showcased here, Requiem for the Americas.

Let the record show that this might be my most journalism-worthy post yet! I get a gold star today!



No comments: