Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Andy Taylor Durama.

I feel compelled to make some sort of 'statement' since I endorsed Rock Affairs in a prior post. I'm not "un-endorsing" it now (I still have an account there and stuff posted on my page), but there's been a healthy amount of Duran drama surrounding it of late (henceforth referred to as "durama"), and I don't want this blog to have misrepresented anything along the way. Whew!! That was a long sentence. Anyway...

It appears that as of last week Andy is no longer part of the site, and from what I understand now, was only an investor, not the originator. I believed he'd founded it because of a MySpace message I got from his account, so no idea what's up with that. I don't think I'm the only one who was foggy on it, and his MySpace pages are now music-free and unable to take messages, so I don't expect any answers from it soon. It just seems there was some sort of falling out between him and the site developer.

I don't think I've hit this many Duran Duran messageboards since 1999 in search of more information and points of view on it all, but what I've posted here is pretty much all I'm certain of at this point. I'll keep all of you posted if I hear something else. Just wanting to keep you up to date accurately, friends!

No comments: