Monday, May 19, 2008

Jimmy McCrackle's "Secret Oktober" in the middle of May.

When I released Glue: A Tribute to the Music of Duran Duran back in 1999, I got a lot of crap over having too many versions of a couple of the same songs on the CD. I get you, BUT, there are some songs that are just FAN FAVORITES. "The Chauffeur" is one, as is "Secret Oktober". Little known fact: I could have produced whole CDs of covers of just these two songs, from the submissions I got!

Here is another great version of "Secret Oktober", from someone who I only know on YouTube as Jimmy McCrackle. Jimmy, feel free to give me a myspace link or anything else you'd like to promote yourself, so my readers can check you out!

I really like this version, not just because it's a clear, acoustic cover that really proves what a great song this is (I <3 those the most), but it's shot in a really creative way that most cover songs on YouTube aren't. It also contains a little tidbit of another Duran song at the end...you KNOW you know what it is! Comment to him and get your free Duran points (I heard they're good for at least a high quality Nick Rhodes lean-in in a fan photo).

No comments: